Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm handin' over everything that I've got

i biked down to albany high to start my first day of school. it was the old albany high school, the building that i loved. i saw mrs. kline my old math teacher and realized that i had never taught a class and was totally unprepared. she took me into her class and told me that she would help me out. i sat at one of the desks with the other students and was totally lost. i started cleaning out the desk that i was sitting at. there were bananas and valentines and tons of old sunglasses. the bell rang and mrs. kline and i went down to the little auditorium. but they wouldnt let us in. it was something weird to do with the way that the school reported it’s test scores. i was pissed and began to freak out. i was wondering why i didn't pick a younger class because i don’t know my fractions well. ( i think this had to come from the episode of beauty and the geek that i watched.)

the next day i woke up a 1pm at my parents house. my sister and i were watching tv. and my mom kept bugging me about why i wasn't preparing for school. i told her i was sharing the class with someone else and i couldn't get the materials that i needed so i couldn't go in.

petur was in albany high taking pictures of his adult self sitting at the little desk chair combos. he was recreating pictures from his childhood.

later i was biking down key route and all of these berkeley high students were on the sidewalk blocking it. they were being fitted for dresses for the upcoming dance. i had to stop my bike to avoid them out of the corner of my eye i see petur donned in white sari material, much like in the darjeeling limited. he is hanging out with ivan and carlos , but ivan is persian i’m trying to avoid the group because i don’t want him to think i’m a stalker and i walk upstairs in the apt building. he comes up after me and we start to talk. ivans “sister” steals money from my purse to buy candy. i chase her all over and finally lose her. when i try to tell her father what happened. he blames me for it. calls me a liar. and stabs me in the mouth with a jagged knife. ( how fucked up is that? freud would have a field day)

then i’m with keyon a huge blond dyke and her little sister. we are driving around when we get stopped by a cop. the cop takes us out of the car and is telling us about this pop duo . it is a horrible Russian cover band that only does the britney spears/ madonna song “against the music.”

as we are watching this video unfold in horror. ( i think one of the girls was elizabeth shue) the cop awards begin. we are at an intersection much like the macaurthur exit from 580 . the cop who was with us is getting an award for best aerosmith fan. aerosmith songs begin to play. and we have to run up a hill. a car comes down the narrow path we are running up. and we have to hide in shallow spots in the dust rock. when we round the bend there is a train station. we have to get to santa cruz there are tons of people there but i don’t want to go on the train. i see ryan with johnny and some other nameless faceless santa cruz people. i tell him that if he wants to come with us we have room for one more. he says ok. claire and my sister take my card and go to the store. (i finally see numbers while sleeping!) as i cross the street i look at the dont walk sign and the numbers just keep rotating. claire and my sister are buying the world on my card. i become very angry.

i take my card and storm out. while walking away i see marcos and sharon i am talking to them and abby is doing standup inside the building behind us. she sees me and proceeds to quote me to myself. a funny clever quote about life and how amusing it is. i tell her that she must be mistaken because i hate life and then i wake up.

thoughts? musings? insights?

1 comment:

Turnstile said...

absolute insanity. I can't believe dreams like this happen when I don't ever dream about anything